1195 King St. E. is an eight-storey high-rise building that was constructed circa 1992. The building consists of 84 residential units and various common rooms and amenities.
- All units have 1 full bathroom
- Access to a private enclosed balcony or ground floor patio
- Parking is available for an additional charge
- Window A/C units can be installed for an additional charge
- On-site pay-per-use laundry
Breakdown of Units
There are 84 units in total:
- 6 – 1 bedroom accessible (624 sq. ft)
- 31 – 1 bedroom (624 sq. ft)
- 6 – 2 bedroom accessible (818 – 882 sq. ft)
- 39 – 2 bedrooms (818 – 947 sq. ft)
- 2 – 3 bedrooms (1017 sq. ft)
This site was home to the Canadian Office and School Furniture Ltd. from 1884 – 1987. In the 1920’s owners changed and they became the Preston Furniture Company. Some of the old factory elements still exist, such as the stone wall in the front of the building and large green barrels in the back. In 1992, it became an affordable housing site serving the community.